J. H Williams IV, J. Hulon Williams III, Rosemary Williams Anderson
The foundation of the J.H. Williams Oil Company, Inc. was laid in 1928 when J. Hulon Williams, Sr. opened his own service station in Tampa, Florida on the corner of Bay to Bay Boulevard and MacDill Avenue.
Upon his son's return from military service in 1946, J. Hulon Williams, Sr. and J.H. Williams, Jr. went into business together.
Incorporated on November 1, 1947 and already distributing a complete line of petroleum products, J.H. Williams Oil Company, Inc. went on to become the largest Pure Oil jobbership in the United States by 1952.
After J. Hulon Williams, Sr.'s death in 1966, J.H. following in his father's footsteps, continued fair business practices and good relations with both customers and employees. By then J.H. Williams Oil Company, Inc., had several channels of trade including service stations, truck stops, commercial, industrial, marine and farm accounts, residential heating accounts, and air conditioning sales and service.